If you wish to be updated on the ISPSM activity and receive notifications to participate in the events or join the society as an official member actively contributing to the ISPSM, please click on the button below.
Membership in ISPSM is open to anyone engaged professionally in the philosophy of the sciences of the mind. Membership is free for early members.
We strongly encourage scholars that are members of under-represented groups or are based in the global south to join.
Code of conduct
All attendees, speakers, sponsors, and volunteers are required to agree with the following code of conduct. We are expecting cooperation from all participants to help ensure a welcoming environment where ideas can flourish.
RESPECTFUL BEHAVIOR INCLUDES:
- Be considerate, kind, constructive and helpful.
- Treat everyone with respect and dignity.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory or harassing behavior and speech.
- If you're not sure, ask someone instead of assuming.
- Denying epistemic authority on the basis of gender, race, physical appearance, cultural or academic background or any other reason.
- Intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, diminishing, derogatory, or demeaning speech, materials, or conduct.
- Aggressive or browbeating behavior directed at someone during a public presentation.
- Mocking or insulting another person's intellect, work, perspective, or question/comment.
- Making reference to someone's gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion, or other personal attribute in the context of a scientific discussion.
- Deliberately making someone feel unwelcome.